Iceland Radio is a Flight Information Unit which works in coordination with Reykjavik ACC, relaying instructions and clearances between ACC controllers and pilots. It has two main roles:
- Relaying oceanic entry clearances for westbound traffic
- Relaying all VHF communications within North West sector
Iceland radio operates on :
- 127.850 - North West sector relay
- 126.650 - Oceanic clearance for traffic from Norway
- 129.625 - Oceanic clearance for traffic from the UK
Radio operators shall only issue instructions or clearances once they have been obtained from the appropriate sector controller. The ACC controller may, subject to workload, delegate some data entry tasks to the radio operator, however this does not transfer the responsibility for aircraft separation which shall always remain with the sector controller.